Saturday, May 16, 2009

Macaroni Necklaces


Macaroni Necklaces

I clearly remember the excitement in my son Brenton's big brown eyes when he presented me with my red wool and assorted coloured macaroni necklace at age four and a half. He was so proud of his efforts. Most of the other mums that day at Pre School raised their eyes at their necklaces presented to them that day and tucked them straight in to the bottom of their hand bags, never to be seen again. However I was thrilled with mine, so thrilled in fact that I wore mine home that day and then to a special event I had to attend the following day. The smile on Brenton's face was priceless, he was so thrilled. I wore it with my best dress, stockings and heels, my new beautiful macaroni necklace that had been made with such love and care complimented my best outfit perfectly. I continued to bring it out on special occasions over the following weeks and months. I made sure that I wore it not just around the house, but out and about and on special occasions. My macaroni necklace still takes pride of place in my jewellery box.

Sometimes macaroni can be more precious than diamonds hey :)

1 comment:

Millie's Musings! said...

Absolutely agree with you there Kimmie, our Christmas tree is adorned with beautiful hand made decorations by my four children and each year when I pull them out I get a bit teary and remember the looks on their faces when they brought them home from kindy and school - priceless.