Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hi all Betty here oops I mean Kimmie



Just a quick post tonight. We have just had a long weekend here in Brisbane. Brenton went camping with his gf's family and a bunch of her Dad's Army mates. He had the best time and made many new friends. That's our Brenton!

Heartpoet had work as per usual on Saturday and Sunday. Monday Heartpoet and I were to visit with family. However Monday morning Frank Spencer oops I mean Heartpoet lost his footing whilst performing exterior house maintenance. I was downstairs in our laundry at the time loading towels into our front loader washer when I heard an almighty thwack sound. I dropped what I was doing and rushed outside. Heartpoet had landed on a concreted area with one side of his body, face/head taking the brunt. He was dazed, in pain and unable to get up. Long story short - mild concussion, banged up and bruised, fractured ribs and soft tissue damage to his shoulder. No wonder I colour my hair - he is such a worry!

What can I say but 'Some Mothers Do Ave Em'~!




8 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Gosh, how scary! I hope Heartpoet recovers quickly and isn't in too much pain.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Oh dear! I hope your Heart Poet is doing much better now. Good thing you were home to help him.

hugs,
Danielle

A Treasured Past said...

Ouch, sorry to hear of Heartpoets fall, thank goodness it was not worse, though I can imagine how much he is hurting now. Hope he feels better soon. Tam x

Caroline said...

Oh my thank goodness "Franks" ok. Kimmie it could have been a terrible fall & how about your heart has it slowed down yet?

Gemma said...

Although injured a fall like this could have been so much worse hey!
Hope he is on the mend soon!

Is that a recent photo of you Kimmie? You are 46 this year right? You are a beautiful woman inside and out!

Anonymous said...

Please give heartpoet my best regards for a swift recovery.

Lovely photo of you BTW.


Alyssa
xoxo

Kimmie said...

Thanks for all your kind/caring comments ladies. Yup could have been so much worse! His shoulder and ribs are causing him considerable pain.

Yup Gemma I am 46 in November of this year! The photo was taken yesterday. Quickly snapped by my Brenton aka 'The Very Impatient Photographer', he was keen to get up our front stairs and into the kitchen for some homemade pizza.

Sarah said...

Ouch. Hope his recovery is quick and as painless as possible.